How to resolve Office error code 0x80070004.
Error code 0x80070004 is difficult to explain for Microsoft because of its strange character. There are two known instances wherein you can experience error code 0x80070004. The first one is while you try to upgrade Windows 10 and the installation rolls back to the old operating system. This is caused because of the wrong path of Windows directory. The second reason is difficult to explain as it’s associated with the name of your computer. If your computers name is System, Local, Self or Network you cannot install Windows 10 and error code 0x80070004 will appear no matter what you do. The simple solution for this cause is to simply change the name of your computer.
Our Technical Help Desk Engineers have tried hard and have done enough research as to figure out what name has to do with error code 0x80070004 but unfortunately, no concrete resolution came out apart from a workaround of changing your computers name. For troubleshooting error code 0x80070004 and any other related technical issues please chat with us.
To resolve Office error code 0x80070004 please follow simple instructions in this document.
1. System File Checker.
System File Checker is a Windows utility that allows users to scan for errors in Windows system files and helps restore corrupted / damaged / missing files.
1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
2. Type ‘Command Prompt’ in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt.
3. Click Run as administrator.
4. At the command prompt, type command sfc /scannow, and press ENTER.
sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy.
Note: Do not close Command Prompt window until verification is 100% complete. Scan results will be shown after the process is finished.
2. Repair process for Office Click-to-Run application does not start.
To repair Office Click-to-Run application, follow these steps for the appropriate version of Windows.
Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 8:
1. Right-click Start button.
2. Under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
3. Click Microsoft Office 365, and then click Change.
4. Click Quick Repair, and then click Repair. (You may have to restart computer after repair process is complete).
3. Download and install Office 365 Home, Personal, or University on your PC.
1. Login to http://office.com/myaccount
2. Enter your Username and Password.
3. Click on Install button.
Resolve Office error code 0x80070004.
4. Click on downloaded file.
5. Office installation will start after checking the configuration.
6. Follow simple onscreen instructions.
7. Once installation is completed, click on All done! button.
8. Now, Office Suite is installed and ready for use.
(You may also check if other Microsoft Office applications are working fine).
Note: If the issue is still not fixed please initiate a CHAT SESSION with our Technical expert. Our Technical experts will be glad to assist you.