How to resolve Office error code 0x80070005.
Cause of incident:
Error code 0x80070005 appears when you try to activate Office 2013 or Office 2016. This error code is mainly caused because your Office is not updated. Please ensure that you close all the active programs on your computer before updating Office and ensure that you run Office as Administrator to complete the activation process.
We’ve observed a few instances wherein following traditional troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issues on your computer. In this situation, you can always rely on our Technical Experts.
Our Technical Help Desk Engineers do have the expertise to resolve error code 0x80070005 and can be a great help to you. Chat with us for further assistance.
To resolve Office error code 0x80070005 please follow simple instructions in this document.
1. System File Checker.
System File Checker is a Windows utility that allows users to scan for errors in Windows system files and helps restore corrupted / damaged / missing files.
1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
2. Type ‘Command Prompt’ in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt.
3. Click Run as administrator.
4. At the command prompt, type command sfc /scannow, and press ENTER.
sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy.
Note: Do not close Command Prompt window until verification is 100% complete. Scan results will be shown after the process is finished.
2. Repair process for Office Click-to-Run application does not start.
To repair Office Click-to-Run application, follow these steps for the appropriate version of Windows.
Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 8:
1. Right-click Start button.
2. Under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
3. Click Microsoft Office 365, and then click Change.
4. Click Quick Repair, and then click Repair. (You may have to restart computer after repair process is complete).
3. Download and install Office 365 Home, Personal, or University on your PC.
1. Login to http://office.com/myaccount
2. Enter your Username and Password.
3. Click on Install button.
Resolve Office error code 0x80070005.
4. Click on downloaded file.
5. Office installation will start after checking the configuration.
6. Follow simple onscreen instructions.
7. Once installation is completed, click on All done! button.
8. Now, Office Suite is installed and ready for use.
(You may also check if other Microsoft Office applications are working fine).
Note: If the issue is still not fixed please initiate a CHAT SESSION with our Technical expert. Our Technical experts will be glad to assist you.