How to resolve Office error code 0x80070643.
Cause of incident:
Error code 0x80070643 appears when you try to install updates on any version of Office. There are several instances wherein we’ve observed error code 0x80070643 some of the solutions are as follows. You can try to repair Office and in some cases it works. You’ll also have to ensure that if you’ve made any changes to your computer programs recently then it could have triggered this error code. Sometimes the out-dated version of .NET too causes error code 0x80070643, please ensure that you update to the latest release of .NET. It’s available for free. Manually updating Office updates can also work at times but for some, it’s a lengthy and complicated process and most of the times we tend to skip it.
At any point of time if you feel like seeking expert advice please contact our Technical Help Desk Engineers over chat.
To resolve Office error code 0x80070643 please follow simple instructions in this document.
1. System File Checker.
System File Checker is a Windows utility that allows users to scan for errors in Windows system files and helps restore corrupted / damaged / missing files.
1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
2. Type ‘Command Prompt’ in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt.
3. Click Run as administrator.
4. At the command prompt, type command sfc /scannow, and press ENTER.
sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy.
Note: Do not close Command Prompt window until verification is 100% complete. Scan results will be shown after the process is finished.
2. Repair process for Office Click-to-Run application does not start.
To repair Office Click-to-Run application, follow these steps for the appropriate version of Windows.
Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 8:
1. Right-click Start button.
2. Under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
3. Click Microsoft Office 365, and then click Change.
4. Click Quick Repair, and then click Repair. (You may have to restart computer after repair process is complete).
3. Download and install Office 365 Home, Personal, or University on your PC.
1. Login to http://office.com/myaccount
2. Enter your Username and Password.
3. Click on Install button.
Resolve Office error code 0x80070643.
4. Click on downloaded file.
5. Office installation will start after checking the configuration.
6. Follow simple onscreen instructions.
7. Once installation is completed, click on All done! button.
8. Now, Office Suite is installed and ready for use.
(You may also check if other Microsoft Office applications are working fine).
Note: If the issue is still not fixed please initiate a CHAT SESSION with our Technical expert. Our Technical experts will be glad to assist you.