How to resolve Office error code 0x8024402c.
Cause of incident:
Error code 0x8024402cis related to two different Microsoft products. The first one is operating system itself which causes failure of Windows updates and the second one is Windows Store wherein Apps fail to download and install. For Operating System related error code 0x8024402c Microsoft did not come up with a concrete resolution yet and support forum often suggests following common primary troubleshooting steps which certainly does not work. For Second product i.e. Microsoft Store there are two troubleshooting steps, you can either disable proxy connection on your computer or reset store cache. These steps do not work with a most of the users and require further extensive troubleshooting steps to be performed.
Our Technical Help Desk Engineers are trained and experienced in resolving issues related to error code 0x8024402c and other Windows, Outlook and Office issues as well. They are available over chat on bottom right corner of the screen.
To resolve Office error code 0x8024402c please follow simple instructions in this document.
1. System File Checker.
System File Checker is a Windows utility that allows users to scan for errors in Windows system files and helps restore corrupted / damaged / missing files.
1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
2. Type ‘Command Prompt’ in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt.
3. Click Run as administrator.
4. At the command prompt, type command sfc /scannow, and press ENTER.
sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy.
Note: Do not close Command Prompt window until verification is 100% complete. Scan results will be shown after the process is finished.
2. Repair process for Office Click-to-Run application does not start.
To repair Office Click-to-Run application, follow these steps for the appropriate version of Windows.
Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 8:
1. Right-click Start button.
2. Under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
3. Click Microsoft Office 365, and then click Change.
4. Click Quick Repair, and then click Repair. (You may have to restart computer after repair process is complete).
3. Download and install Office 365 Home, Personal, or University on your PC.
1. Login to http://office.com/myaccount
2. Enter your Username and Password.
3. Click on Install button.
Resolve Office error code 0x8024402c.
4. Click on downloaded file.
5. Office installation will start after checking the configuration.
6. Follow simple onscreen instructions.
7. Once installation is completed, click on All done! button.
8. Now, Office Suite is installed and ready for use.
(You may also check if other Microsoft Office applications are working fine).
Note: If the issue is still not fixed please initiate a CHAT SESSION with our Technical expert. Our Technical experts will be glad to assist you.