How to resolve Office error code 0x8024402f.
Cause of error:
Error code 0x8024402f is one of few errors for which Microsoft support does not have any answer yet. Users have invested many hours looking for a solution on Microsoft forums and support pages without any result. Windows fails to update due to unexplained connectivity issue. Some experts suggest checking end user internet connectivity but we say it’s a very rare situation unless you are located in extreme remote location with really slow internet connectivity. Microsoft has also made an effort of releasing Fixit but unfortunately not many users have found it useful.
Our Technical Help Desk Engineers do have a tried and tested workaround for resolving error code 0x8024402f. You can download Windows updates manually and then try to install them. If this workaround does not works or your need further technical assistance please feel free to chat with us and we will give in our best effort to resolve error code 0x8024402f on your computer.
To resolve Office error code 0x8024402f please follow simple instructions in this document.
1. System File Checker.
System File Checker is a Windows utility that allows users to scan for errors in Windows system files and helps restore corrupted / damaged / missing files.
1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
2. Type ‘Command Prompt’ in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt.
3. Click Run as administrator.
4. At the command prompt, type command sfc /scannow, and press ENTER.
sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy.
Note: Do not close Command Prompt window until verification is 100% complete. Scan results will be shown after the process is finished.
2. Repair process for Office Click-to-Run application does not start.
To repair Office Click-to-Run application, follow these steps for the appropriate version of Windows.
Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 8:
1. Right-click Start button.
2. Under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
3. Click Microsoft Office 365, and then click Change.
4. Click Quick Repair, and then click Repair. (You may have to restart computer after repair process is complete).
3. Download and install Office 365 Home, Personal, or University on your PC.
1. Login to http://office.com/myaccount
2. Enter your Username and Password.
3. Click on Install button.
Resolve Office error code 0x8024402f.
4. Click on downloaded file.
5. Office installation will start after checking the configuration.
6. Follow simple onscreen instructions.
7. Once installation is completed, click on All done! button.
8. Now, Office Suite is installed and ready for use.
(You may also check if other Microsoft Office applications are working fine).
Note: If the issue is still not fixed please initiate a CHAT SESSION with our Technical expert. Our Technical experts will be glad to assist you.
This is the second time I’m availing services from Microsoft Answer and I thought after two good experiences it‘s time to write a feedback. So, the first time my laptop was in a bad shape with multiple issues caused by tons of viruses and malware. At first, I was little nervous about what kind of support I will receive from Microsoft Answer but after spending a few minutes talking with the sales representative I started gaining confidence in them. Later the technical person resolved all the issues on my computer and he also places their contact information on my desktop. Today, my laptop was again started acting funny when suddenly Excel threw up error code 0x8024402f on the screen. I quickly contacted the technical team of Microsoft Answer and in no time my laptop was back to normal. You guys make things easy.
– Jim Kirchhoff