How to resolve Office error code 0xc0000142.
Error code 0xc0000142 can display on your computer screen for various reasons some of them are listed here. This error is mostly experienced with Windows 8.1 as it doesn’t allow opening applications like Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. The actual cause is still unknown even to Microsoft but some users have observed this error code after installing recent Windows or Office updates. Microsoft support site and forums suggest a few troubleshooting steps but none of them claim to be the definite solution. They even have a Fixit released but as usual, it doesn’t work most of the times.
Resolving error code 0xc0000142 can give you a hard time if you are not heading in the right direction for fixing the error. Our Technical Help Desk Engineers have more than a decade of experience resolving issues related to your Operating system, Office applications and other software and programs installed on your computer. Chat with us now for to resolve issues on your computer.
To resolve Office error code 0xc0000142 please follow simple instructions in this document.
1. System File Checker.
System File Checker is a Windows utility that allows users to scan for errors in Windows system files and helps restore corrupted / damaged / missing files.
1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
2. Type ‘Command Prompt’ in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt.
3. Click Run as administrator.
4. At the command prompt, type command sfc /scannow, and press ENTER.
sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy.
Note: Do not close Command Prompt window until verification is 100% complete. Scan results will be shown after the process is finished.
2. Repair process for Office Click-to-Run application does not start.
To repair Office Click-to-Run application, follow these steps for the appropriate version of Windows.
Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 8:
1. Right-click Start button.
2. Under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
3. Click Microsoft Office 365, and then click Change.
4. Click Quick Repair, and then click Repair. (You may have to restart computer after repair process is complete).
3. Download and install Office 365 Home, Personal, or University on your PC.
1. Login to http://office.com/myaccount
2. Enter your Username and Password.
3. Click on Install button.
Resolve Office error code 0xc0000142.
4. Click on downloaded file.
5. Office installation will start after checking the configuration.
6. Follow simple onscreen instructions.
7. Once installation is completed, click on All done! button.
8. Now, Office Suite is installed and ready for use.
(You may also check if other Microsoft Office applications are working fine).
Note: If the issue is still not fixed please initiate a CHAT SESSION with our Technical expert. Our Technical experts will be glad to assist you.