How to resolve Office error code 0xc8000222.
Windows operating system generates many error codes exclusively while downloading or installing updates, one of them is error code 0xc8000222. Microsoft support and forums too don’t provide any help with resolving this error. There are a few time taking methods which could resolve error code 0xc8000222 and you should have extensive knowledge of troubleshooting such errors.
On the other hand, error code 0xc8000222 is also observed while installing another product of Microsoft i.e. .NET. Fortunately, there is a fix available to resolve issue observed with .NET. For all other unresolved issues related to this particular error code and other problems with your operating system, office or outlook please chat with our Technical Help Desk Engineers.
To resolve Office error code 0xc8000222 please follow simple instructions in this document.
1. System File Checker.
System File Checker is a Windows utility that allows users to scan for errors in Windows system files and helps restore corrupted / damaged / missing files.
1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
2. Type ‘Command Prompt’ in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt.
3. Click Run as administrator.
4. At the command prompt, type command sfc /scannow, and press ENTER.
sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy.
Note: Do not close Command Prompt window until verification is 100% complete. Scan results will be shown after the process is finished.
2. Repair process for Office Click-to-Run application does not start.
To repair Office Click-to-Run application, follow these steps for the appropriate version of Windows.
Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 8:
1. Right-click Start button.
2. Under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
3. Click Microsoft Office 365, and then click Change.
4. Click Quick Repair, and then click Repair. (You may have to restart computer after repair process is complete).
3. Download and install Office 365 Home, Personal, or University on your PC.
1. Login to http://office.com/myaccount
2. Enter your Username and Password.
3. Click on Install button.
Resolve Office error code 0xc8000222.
4. Click on downloaded file.
5. Office installation will start after checking the configuration.
6. Follow simple onscreen instructions.
7. Once installation is completed, click on All done! button.
8. Now, Office Suite is installed and ready for use.
(You may also check if other Microsoft Office applications are working fine).
Note: If the issue is still not fixed please initiate a CHAT SESSION with our Technical expert. Our Technical experts will be glad to assist you.