How to resolve Office error code 0xc8000247.
Cause of incident:
Error code 0xc8000247 is one of many error codes which is related to a hardware issue. Several users have complained about windows update not working or showing up error code 0xc8000247 on their computer screen during updates. And these symptoms appear once they’ve upgraded their Hard disk drive to a bigger capacity one. Usually, Hard disk drive updates go smoothly with a ton of users but, some face a real hard time ahead of them. Fortunately, error code 0xc8000247 appears within a few weeks once you’ve upgraded your computer’s hardware and a lot of users point their suspicion towards the Hard disk drive and start thinking in that direction. Now, the resolution could be as simple as updating storage driver update or it could take a little extra time for digging out the right kind of resolution for your unique computer situation.
We at Microsoft Answer keep looking for resolutions related to Windows, Office and Outlook issues. Our Technical Help Desk Engineers are ready to help you over chat.
To resolve Office error code 0xc8000247 please follow simple instructions in this document.
1. System File Checker.
System File Checker is a Windows utility that allows users to scan for errors in Windows system files and helps restore corrupted / damaged / missing files.
1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
2. Type ‘Command Prompt’ in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt.
3. Click Run as administrator.
4. At the command prompt, type command sfc /scannow, and press ENTER.
sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy.
Note: Do not close Command Prompt window until verification is 100% complete. Scan results will be shown after the process is finished.
2. Repair process for Office Click-to-Run application does not start.
To repair Office Click-to-Run application, follow these steps for the appropriate version of Windows.
Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 8:
1. Right-click Start button.
2. Under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
3. Click Microsoft Office 365, and then click Change.
4. Click Quick Repair, and then click Repair. (You may have to restart computer after repair process is complete).
3. Download and install Office 365 Home, Personal, or University on your PC.
1. Login to http://office.com/myaccount
2. Enter your Username and Password.
3. Click on Install button.
Resolve Office error code 0xc8000247.
4. Click on downloaded file.
5. Office installation will start after checking the configuration.
6. Follow simple onscreen instructions.
7. Once installation is completed, click on All done! button.
8. Now, Office Suite is installed and ready for use.
(You may also check if other Microsoft Office applications are working fine).
Note: If the issue is still not fixed please initiate a CHAT SESSION with our Technical expert. Our Technical experts will be glad to assist you.