How to resolve Office error code 1-0.
Cause of incident:
Error code 1-0 is very common among users who either had a trial version of Office or the ones who are trying to upgrade or change Office version. Whenever a user tries to download a fresh version of Office they see a message stating something went wrong along with the error code. A similar situation arises when a user tries to install a fresh version of Office and an error message is displayed that another installation is already in progress. There’s one common factor observed between both the scenario that all the user computers either had a trial version of Office or old version of Office installed currently or at some point of time in the past.
Our Technical Help Desk Engineers will help you find out the reason causing error code 1-0 on your computer. Our Engineers are backed by extensive troubleshooting database and years of experience handling issues related to Windows, Office, Outlook and other software and programs installed on your computer.
To resolve Office error code 1-0 please follow simple instructions in this document.
1. System File Checker.
System File Checker is a Windows utility that allows users to scan for errors in Windows system files and helps restore corrupted / damaged / missing files.
1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
2. Type ‘Command Prompt’ in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt.
3. Click Run as administrator.
4. At the command prompt, type command sfc /scannow, and press ENTER.
sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy.
Note: Do not close Command Prompt window until verification is 100% complete. Scan results will be shown after the process is finished.
2. Repair process for Office Click-to-Run application does not start.
To repair Office Click-to-Run application, follow these steps for the appropriate version of Windows.
Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 8:
1. Right-click Start button.
2. Under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
3. Click Microsoft Office 365, and then click Change.
4. Click Quick Repair, and then click Repair. (You may have to restart computer after repair process is complete).
3. Download and install Office 365 Home, Personal, or University on your PC.
1. Login to http://office.com/myaccount
2. Enter your Username and Password.
3. Click on Install button.
Resolve Office error code 1-0.
4. Click on downloaded file.
5. Office installation will start after checking the configuration.
6. Follow simple onscreen instructions.
7. Once installation is completed, click on All done! button.
8. Now, Office Suite is installed and ready for use.
(You may also check if other Microsoft Office applications are working fine).
Note: If the issue is still not fixed please initiate a CHAT SESSION with our Technical expert. Our Technical experts will be glad to assist you.